Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Homemade Shrimp (yum yum) Sauce


  • So we're pretty basic in this house, we love pumpkin everything, fall is our favorite and we eat Asian at least three times a month. As much as we love Asian food, it can get pretty costly! My favorite part of the meal is the ever so popular shrimp sauce (some know it as yum yum sauce) whatever you call it, we call all agree on one thing, it's delicious! It goes with everything and makes everything that much better! We've recently been trying to save up some and cutting back on family outings is one way we're doing so. But I can't go without my Asian cravings!! Last night I made Chicken Lo Mein from scratch with homemade shrimp sauce to top it off and it was just as good and I didn't have to wear a bra!! 
  • *double whammy!!*
  • I can't keep the happiness to myself, so I'll share the reciepe with you! Ya ready? Let's get started!

You'll need:

  • 2 Cups of Mayonnaise
  • ½ Cup Ketchup
  • 3 Tbs Sugar
  • 1 Tbs Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbs Paprika
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • ½ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ½ Cup of water
  • 1 tsp Siracha or other hot sauce (optional)

How to make it:

In a medium bowl mix together your wet ingredients and set aside.
In a small bowl mix together your dry ingredients.
Combine the two using a wisk then pour over your dish of choice!
Keep refridgerated!

Enjoy!
XOXO
Becca 

No comments:

Post a Comment