Tuesday, August 4, 2015

How To Sanitize Kids Toys Without Dangerous Chemicals


Have you ever looked at your kids and though, "Ick, you are a tiny infestation of germs! I love you, but geeze kid, you touch everything nasty!" They can't help themselves. Kids are naturally tiny petri dishes of bacteria, but that doesn't mean that your home and all the things your children hold dear have to be too (and by dear I mean they show their appreciation to by sneezing, chewing and loving on). Instead of breaking out the danger and hazardous chemicals, try an all natural disinfectant duo you most likely already own!


VINEGAR!

Ask my husband, if there are two thing that we never run out of in this house it's vinegar and coconut oil. We use them for everything! (And there are hundreds of reasons why you should too! Reason numero uno: it won't kill you slowly.)

I do this about once a month to my son's toys, he hates it but, oh well. Before I begin I clean my tub out and begin filling it with HOT water, for ever gallon of water, add 1/2 cup of vinegar. You will want enough water in the tub to submerge the toys. 
While the tub is filling, I go around the house collecting every hard, battery free toy that I can find and dump them in the tub. Cars, blocks, foam letters, thingamabobs, you name it! It goes in the tub! Any bath toy or anything that can suckling up and spray out water, I set to the side and fill them to the tippy top with straight vinegar, it will kill any mildew! :) Then I set a timer for 15 minutes and prop my feet up! 
Just kidding. I don't do that. I'm a mom. Mom's don't have time for that! 
After the 15 minutes are up I give the toys a good swish yo make sure that they have all been fully soaked in the vinegar solution and wait another 15 minutes for safe measures. After the toys have had a total of 3p minutes of disinfectant bath I thoroughly rinse them off, and lay them out on a towel to dry, then neatly put away and forget about till next month or till the next 3 a.m. escapade that results in stepping on this evil little blocks!
Now isn't that easier than bleach baths and Cloris wipes?! And no fear of your child being poisoned?!
Let me know how you liked this in the comments below, and don't forget to share with a mommy friend! 
Till next time,
xoxo,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Idea, I've used a product called Blockwash by Kuitsok to place everything in and pull out of the tub or sink quickly to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Idea, I've used a product called Blockwash by Kuitsok to place everything in and pull out of the tub or sink quickly to clean up.

    ReplyDelete