Monday, July 20, 2015

How I keep energized, running on 2 hours of sleep

Moms, Dads, you know the drill; up till midnight with a colicky little one and the alarm rings at 6:00 am not to mention the ups and downs in between. The hip pain, the snoring spouse, the ever so starving newborn or the toddler with growing pains. Guys, we're borderline super heroes, I decree we all wear capes!! Hahaha but no really, being a mother is amazing there's nothing like it. You get to create life and nourish it and watch it grow while receiving the purest, most true, unconditional love there is and I'm so thankful. But it makes it hard to function, much less to enjoy that gift when you are beyond exhausted.

So what do you do when you are so tired you can't function (no matter how much sleep you've had) but you still have three loads of laundry to do, dishes in the sink, a floor to sweep and mop, phone calls to return and a slew of facebook messages, oh and a tiny person who needs you for everything? I'll tell ya!
Drink up! I know half of you have inner alcoholics that are dancing for joy...but no. I don't mean start drinking at seven a.m. I mean plain ol' water. You're body dehydrates during the night and if you forget to give it what it's made out of, naturally you'll be running slow and sluggish. So before you do anything else, (well maybe diaper duty can come first) drink a glass or two of water. Hydrate! It's SO important. 
Second, I drink my greens. I have always had a hard time getting started in the mornings and start feeling drained by 3 p.m. so I started trying it all. Greens are the only thing I have found that make me feel as energized as I was as a 16 year old. Bonus, they're all natural!! Excuse me while I do cartwheels! I've been drinking them for about a year now and I have never felt better! They give you 38 super foods, 8 servings of fruits and veggies, alkalize your body and balance your pH. It's amazing. My skin is clear, my PCOS is gone, I'm off my migraine medication, my anemia is better, my energy is enough to keep up with two babies under three years old and my breast milk supply is way up, I can't stress enough how much better I feel! I haven't gotten sick but ONCE since I've been taking them, which is like, oscar worthy for me! 
Greens are a necessity in this house! We will never run out again, ever.
If you would like to get some for yourself, you can do so here.

If that mid day exhaustion hits and I just can't bring myself out of it, I pop the top of an ice cold ENERGY. I swear, it's like this company found a way to siphon the energy straight out of toddlers and put it into a delicious, natural based energy drink! Even my super picky husband loves them! They are so light and crisp and delicious! As someone who is very sensitive to caffeine and medication, and has a heart condition, these amaze me. They don't give me the jitters and they give stellar energy while packing me full of vitamins. Enough to have one babe strapped to my back while chasing the toddler down the drive way or making a blob like we did this weekend.
You can get yours here.


Lastly, I make sure to get at least 30 minutes out in the sun a day. You're body needs the vitamin D and it sure does perk a body up....and fights depression!!

Quick tip: You can also sip on these delicious fruit infused waters to help combat dehydration and detox your body! (Are you starting to get the jist of how important water is for your body?) There are some delicious recipes over at Bembu

So next time you are awake at 3 a.m. and know the ever so hated alarm will be going off soon, just remember that this time with your little is precious and only temporary. Suck up all the snuggles and follow these tips in the morning!
Till next time!
XOXO,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment